Step by Step Recipes & Cooking Tips: Chicken Laksa And Glazed Pork Spare Ribs
Chicken Laksa Recipe and Cooking Tips
Chicken Laksa Ingredients:
- ½ Cup (90 ml, 3 fl oz) oil
- 4 small fresh red chili peppers, finely chopped.
- 1 Stalk fresh lemongrass, finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried lemongrass, soaked in hot water until soft.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric.
- 6 Candlenuts or unsalted macadamia nuts.
- ¼ Teaspoon shrimp paste.
- 1 Liter coconut milk.
- 4 Boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- 375 g (12 oz) rice noodles, cooked.
- 125 g (4 oz) bean sprouts.
- 125 g (4 oz) fried tofu, sliced.
- Into a food processor place 2 tablespoons oil, chili peppers, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, candlenuts or macadamia nuts, and shrimp paste, and process to make a smooth paste.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat, add paste, and cook, stirring, for minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add chicken and cilantro and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. To serve, divide rice noodles between serving bowls, top with bean sprouts and tofu, pour over coconut milk mixture, and serve immediately.
Fat: 14.9 g.
Carbohydrate: 4 g.
Protein: 10.5 g.
Cooking Recipe of Glazed Pork Spare Ribs:
Glazed Pork Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar.
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin or oyster sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons honey.
- 2 Clove garlic, minced.
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled, and grated.
- Teaspoons vegetable oil.
- ½ Teaspoon five-spice powder.
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar.
- 5-2 kg (3-4 lb) American style pork spareribs.
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, white-wine vinegar, hoisin or oyster sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, oil, five-spice powder, and sugar. Stir well and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Place pork in a large pie dish. Spread half of the marinade over the ribs to cover all surfaces. Cover and stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F, gas mark 7). Place the ribs on a rack in a baking pan and pour some water under the rack to prevent drippings from charring. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180 C (350 F, gas mark 4) and bake for 40 minutes, brushing well with remaining marinade every 15 minutes to glaze. Serve immediately.
10 minutes, plus 30 minutes maintaining.
1 Hour 10 Minutes.
Nutritional Value per serve:
Fat: 15.8 g.
Carbohydrate: 3.4 g.
Protein: 24.5 g.
For more recipes visit the Krowd Darden Olive Garden website. Find Olive Garden near you. Next recipes and cooking tips about Seafood coming soon. If you think these recipes are useful then please leave a comment and ask any question if you need any assistance, guide, or tips.